Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 large fennel bulb, slice stalks and bulbs into thin strips
- 1 small jicama, peeled, sliced into 1/3 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- Juice from 1 organic lemon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. spicy mustard
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews, ground
- Prepare a large ice bath.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fennel and cook for 3 minutes. Drain fennel; immediately plunge into ice bath. Set aside for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer fennel to a large serving bowl; pat dry. Add jicama, avocado and carrot.
- Drizzle salad with lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, mustard, cilantro, sea salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to serving dishes. Top with ground flax seeds and cashews. Serve at room temperature.