Celiac.com 11/17/2017 - Quinoa is actually a seed, but let's not allow taxonomy to come between us and dinner. For our purposes, the fact that quinoa is not a grain may be appropriate, because this salad recipe is not a salad in the traditional sense of lettuces ad vegetables. In fact, this dish is more of a fruit salad with beans and quinoa. Whatever you call it, it's delicious.
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Dash of salt
Cook quinoa as per directions.
Mix together the rest of the ingredients together with the mango in a bowl.
Add cooked quinoa and toss to combine.