Celiac.com 05/05/2015 - Avocado, beans and corn help to turn quinoa into a delicious, nutritious salad that is perfect as a side or as a potluck dish. Add a bit of cilantro, some lemon juice and a few spices, and you have a winner!vinaigrette. It’s worth noting that this is one of those flexible salads that encourages substitution and variation. You can add thing like shrimp, or chicken. You can add things like carrots or cucumber.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup canned sweet corn
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ small red bell pepper, roasted or streamed and sliced
- ½ small yellow bell pepper, roasted or streamed and sliced
- â…“-½ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- dash of Tajin to taste
Cook quinoa as directed. Set aside and let cool.
Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Add corn, avocado, peppers, tomatoes and black beans to quinoa.
Gently stir in cilantro and lime juice mixture. You may add a light vinaigrette instead of lime juice, as desired.
Chill for at least a half hour, top with a dash of Tajin, and serve.