Celiac.com 04/29/2014 - I love salmon, especially smoked salmon. I like to pair it with my favorite gluten-fee bread or crackers and my favorite cheese. Another way I like to enjoy smoked salmon is with a green salad.
- Butter lettuce
- 1 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain gluten-free mustard
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup whole milk greek-style yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- ¼ red onion, sliced into half rings
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup capers
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- gluten-free crackers and/or toasted gluten-free bread
Divide the butter lettuce and salmon among 6 plates. To each add ½ eggs, sliced lengthwise, onion slices, tomato wedges, capers
In a small bowl, combine the horseradish, mustard, yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
Add the cucumber and up to half the dressing to the large bowl and toss. Divide among plates and sprinkle with the dill.
Serve with gluten-free crackers and/or toasted gluten-free bread
Serve with the dressing on the side, and lemon wedges, as desired.