Summer crops are in full abundance right now, and if your garden is anything like mine, you have more zucchini than you know what to do with. This vegan mango, zucchini soup is best served warm, but it can also be served cold and it is a nice light soup for a summer night that is too hot to eat heavy food.Vegan Mango Zucchini Soup (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 or 2
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini or 1 round zucchini 4″, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 whole fresh basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-¼ cups organic vegetable broth – or chicken broth
- pinch of white pepper or black pepper
- sea salt – to taste
- Preheat a pre-oiled medium size sauce pan; and sauté onion, celery and garlic.
- Add mango, zucchini, potato and basil, nutmeg and vegetable broth; and stir.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove basil leaves.
- Run the mixture through a blender or food processor according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Run through a large strainer to remove fiber.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Top the center with gluten-free sour cream, Greek yogurt, etc.
- Add some fresh basil for garnish.