Celiac.com 09/10/2014 - It’s watermelon season and that means delightful dishes featuring this sweet, versatile summer favorite.
- 2½ cups cubed fresh watermelon
- 2 large tomatoes, pureéd
- ½ Serrano chile
- 1¼ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 Persian cucumbers, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- â…“ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a blender, purée the tomatoes, chile, and ½ of the watermelon.
Add the red wine vinegar and olive oil and blend lightly.
Add the onion, cucumber and dill and season with salt and pepper.
Purée until smooth.
Pour into chilled bowls and sprinkle with dill, feta, and remaining watermelon.