Celiac.com 01/12/2016 - Looking for a great winter salad? This one marries escarole, endive and celery with apple and orange, and blends in some tasty vinaigrette. It's a surefire hit at your next winter potluck.
- 1 small head escarole, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 celery stalk, cut on the diagonal into thin slices
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, halved cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Clementine orange or Satsuma tangerine, segments deseeded
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallot
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved fresh Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Combine greens, celery, and apples in a large bowl.
In a medium gown, whisk together both vinegars and the shallot.
Slowly whisk in the oil, then salt and pepper. Toss the salad ingredients with some of the vinaigrette.
Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.