Celiac.com 05/23/2017 - Want a quick, tasty stir-fry that is almost certain to please? This recipe combines tender, juicy shrimp with sesame oil, spices, vegetables, and teriyaki sauce, to make a delightful gluten-free meal.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- ½ pound sugar snap peas
- 2-3 brown or Shitake mushrooms, fresh, cut to bite sized pieces
- 2-3 stalks of asparagus, cut to bite sized pieces
- â…› cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Prepare rice according to directions.
In a large plastic food storage bag, combine shrimp, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, sesame seeds and black pepper.
Allow to marinate for about an hour, and up to 8 hours, in the refrigerator.
Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet.
Add red bell pepper, asparagus, mushrooms and green onions, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, until soft.
Add teriyaki sauce.
Add peas and shrimp with seasoning, and sauté a few minutes, or until shrimp are opaque.
Stir cornstarch into chicken broth and add to wok; cook, stirring until mixture boils.
Season to taste with salt.
Serve over rice.