A perfect dish for your summer BBQ or picnic!
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1/2 pound gluten-free penne pasta
- 3 large zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 baby portabello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (10oz.) package frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chives, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with zucchini, mushrooms, corn and spinach. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, juice, olive oil, chives, red pepper, sea salt and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
- Pour olive oil mixture over cooked pasta mixture; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.