As my husband's garden in full bloom, zucchini is popping up everywhere...so it's only appropriate for me to make good use of it and bake some zucchini bread!
Makes one loaf.
Cook Time: 50-65 Minutes
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (optional)
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of "Silkie Flour Mix" (3/4 cup of Brown Rice Flour, 1/4 cup white rice flour, 1/4 cup of Tapioca flour, 1/4 cup of corn starch and a little bit of potato starch)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup of chopped Walnut (optional) - with nuts version
- 1/2 cup of chocolate Chips (optional) - chocolate chips version
- 2 tbsp of light brown sugar for sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degree, grease one 8 by 4 by 2-inch loaf with oil spray or line the pan with parchment paper.
- Use mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy
- With mixer running, add egg and vanilla extract to the mixture
- Whisk flour mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, nutmeg and cinnimon together and add the dry ingredient to the wet ingredient in the mixer
- If the dough appears too dry, add 1/4 of vegetable oil
- Fold zucchini and walnut (optional - for nut version) or chocolate chips (optional - chocolate chips version) into the batter
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, if desires, sprinkle a couple 2 tbsp brown sugar on top of the batter
- Bake for 55-65 mins until golden brown or skewer insert in the center comes out clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serve.