Celiac.com 06/10/2017 - Grilling season is nearly upon us once again, and once again, the call of cooking outside begins to beckon.
While there's no dearth of good things to throw on the grill, this recipe for grilled garlic prawns with black pepper is a great place to start.
- 1 pound large prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 teaspoons paprika, plus more for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for grill
- Kosher salt
- Lime wedges and paprika as garnish
Whisk paprika, garlic, pepper, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl.
Add prawns and toss until well-coated.
Add salt and mix a bit more.
Skewer 5-6 shrimp at a time onto double skewers, until all shrimp are ready to grill.
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; clean grates well, then oil the grill lightly.
Grill prawns, turning once, until cooked through and lightly charred, about 2-3 minutes each side.
Serve with lime wedges and paprika.