Celiac.com 06/10/2015 - These grilled shrimp tacos are just the thing for the grill. They are sure to be a big hit at your next barbecue or party. They go great with your favorite rice and beans.
For the Salsa:
- 2 shallots
- 1 jalapeño pepper, quartered and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1½ pounds large or extra large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sal y limon
- dash cayenne pepper
- 8 - 10 six-inch corn tortillas
- About 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonaisse
- Red pepper hot sauce, to taste
For the Salsa:
Finely chop shallot, jalapeño and garlic. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Add chopped tomatoes, avocado, salt, lime juice and cilantro and stir to mix well.
For Zesty Yogurt Sauce:
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, red pepper sauce to taste with a dash of lime.
For the Shrimp:
Heat grill to medium.
In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper and shrimp. Stir until shrimp are well-coated.
Coat the grill with vegetable oil or non-flammable cooking spray.
Place shrimp on grill and cook until just white and orange, about 1½ to 2 minutes each side. Cover to keep shrimp warm.
Grill the tortillas until warm and slightly charred, about 20 seconds per side.
Spoon avocado salsa generously over warm tortillas, then top with 3 shrimp, cabbage and drizzle with zesty yogurt sauce. Serve lime wedges on the side.