Celiac.com 10/30/2014 - As much as you might love Halloween, you just can’t (or shouldn’t) have candy for dinner. When dinner time comes, consider whipping up this delightfully hearty pumpkin chili.
Sauté some onion and garlic, transfer all the ingredients to a slow cooker, and four to five hours later, bang! Just remember to add your favorite garnishes and enjoy.
- 2½ cups cubed lean beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-½ ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cubed avocado, lime wedges, sliced radishes, sliced cabbage, sliced green onions, and whole yogurt or sour cream
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers, and cook until tender.
Add garlic, and cook another minute or so.
Transfer to a large slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients.
Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours.
Serve with avocado, lime wedges, sliced radishes, sliced cabbage, sliced green onions, and whole yogurt or sour cream. Goes great alone with toasted gluten-free bread, or over rice.