This recipe comes to us from "debmidge" in the Gluten-Free Forum.
1 stick butter or margerine
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice (or lemon juice)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ cup corn starch *
½ cup white rice flour *
½ cup brown rice flour *
½ cup potato starch *
¼ cup tapioca flour *
*or use 2 ½ cups gluten-free flour of your choice
Filling: Apricot, prune, or strawberry preserves or jam mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, etc.
- In mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Add orange juice and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and xanthan.
- Add flour slowly to mixture.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours ( I do overnight).
- Roll out dough onto lightly gluten-free floured surface. Roll to 1/8 to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut into circles with 2 ½ inch wide glass.
- Fill each circle with about ½ teaspoonful of filling of your choice.
- Fold up 3 sides of circle and pinch edges firmly to form triangle with opening at center to let filling peek through.
- Bakeat 375F degrees on parchment covered cookie sheet for about 15 minutes,or until lightly browned. Let cool before transferring to plate.