Celiac.com 02/20/2020 - This chicken salad is a happy marriage of crispy bacon and this easy Keto-friendly version is proof. The dressing is tangy and with added avocado it's a perfect chicken salad. Serve it on lettuce for a keto friendly treat.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, red wine vinegar, shallot, and celery.
Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
Gently fold in chicken, bacon, and avocado.
Serve in lettuce cups.