Celiac.com 05/10/2016 - Korean-style tacos are a big draw for lots of hungry gastronomes from Los Angeles to New York city. These Korean-style beef tacos are the perfect quick dinner dish to excite your tastebuds any night of the week.
You can use either beef short ribs (Bulgogi) or flank steak. If you use short ribs, just be sure to remove any bone before assembling the tacos.
- 1 pound flank steak or Korean-style short ribs
- ½ head of Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 10-12 small gluten-free flour or corn tortillas
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, red pepper, and 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce. Add the cabbage and carrot and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, in a second bowl, combine the sugar, garlic, ginger, cilantro, and remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add the beef and mix to combine.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the beef mixture, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Fill the tortillas with the beef and top with the slaw. Serve with kimchee on the side.