Celiac.com 05/27/2019 - Gluten-free foods are among the many new and healthy snacks coming to a 7-Eleven near you, at least if you live in the Los Angeles area. The new and healthier snacks are part of 7-Eleven Inc's new "Sips & Snacks That Love You Back" campaign that has debuted nearly 100 new food and beverage products in 125 stores in Los Angeles .
The launch includes products from 31 emerging brands that are keto, paleo, vegan, organic, gluten-free, or plant-based, among other healthy attributes. These new products are stocked in end-aisle displays and inside the open-air cold cases in 7-Eleven stores.
LA consumers lead the country in health and wellness trends, and are open to new and innovative products and services, so the fit seems like a natural one. "In the past, 7-Eleven's LA stores have had great success with food and beverages on the leading edge of these trends," said Chris Harkness, vice president of new business development for Irving, Texas-based 7-Eleven.
7-Eleven's "emerging brands team created this unique product assortment in collaboration with our category managers...to give customers drinks and snacks that they might not expect to find at a 7-Eleven store," Harkness added.
The campaign arises out of the company's recent Next Up event, which showcased emerging brands hoping to land on 7-Eleven’s shelves. The company accepted 70 out of more than 300 brands that applied, and chose 31 brands for its test launch in Los Angeles.
Here are the 31 brands by category:
- Brew Dr. Kombucha: 100% organic and raw kombucha crafted with loose-leaf teas and blended with herbs, fruits and other botanicals.
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water: Organic coconut-based beverages.
- Kabaki Kenyan Purple Tea: A purple tea that is high in antioxidants and grown in the high elevations of Mount Kenya.
- Koia: 100% plant-based, dairy free, soy-free and non-GMO protein beverages. Each bottle contains 18 grams of protein and 4 grams of sugar.
- Roar Organic: A line of organic electrolyte infusions with antioxidants, B vitamins, unique flavor combinations and 2 grams of sugar per serving.
- Slingshot Rise Breakfast Drink: High-protein, probiotic drinkable yogurt with a crunchy shot of chia, almonds and oats.
- Soylent: A grab-and-go meal with 20 grams of plant protein and 36 essential nutrients in a ready-to-drink beverage.
- Spindrift Sparkling Water: Sparkling water made with real squeezed fruit. The beverage is non-GMO and gluten-free, and it has no calories or sweeteners.
- Tio Gazpacho: A line of ready-to-drink vegetable-based soups.
- Bobo's Oat Bars: Fresh-baked meal replacement bars that are gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, kosher and soy-free.
- Fishpeople Jerky: Sustainable salmon jerky with 24 grams of protein and 900 milligrams of omega-3s per bag.
- Kalahari Biltong: Keto and paleo meat snacks that are air-dried, thinly sliced and made with six simple ingredients.
- Ka-Pop Snacks: Ancient Grain Popped Chips that are vegan, gluten free, non-GMO and free of the top 12 allergens.
- Kize Bars: Snack bars made with real-food ingredients. They are gluten free, non-GMO, nut-butter based and high in protein. Ten percent of each purchase helps feed those in need.
- Love Corn: Premium crunchy corn snacks that are vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Nick's Sticks: 100% grass-fed beef and free-range turkey meat snacks that are paleo and keto.
- Peatos: Crunchy pea snacks with "junk food" taste and plant-based ingredients.
- Perfect Bar: A refrigerated nut-butter protein bar that has up to 17 grams of protein per bar.
- Quinn Snacks: Popcorn kernel snacks made with whole grain flours. The snacks are gluten-free, non-GMO and soy-, dairy- and corn- free.
- Shroom Crisps: Crispy mushroom snacks that are available in a variety of flavors.
- Siete Family Foods: Grain-free tortilla chips that are available in Nacho, Ranch and Fuego flavors. The chips are gluten- and dairy-free, paleo, vegan and non-GMO.
- Snacklins: Crunchy chips made from mushroom, onion and yuca. Each bag contains 80 calories.
- The Toasted Oat: Soft-baked granola crafted from healthy ingredients for a fresh cookie taste.
- BrainJuice: A brain supplement shot meant to boost focus, memory and mood without the jitters or crash of traditional energy shots.
- Kor Shots: Refrigerated raw wellness shots that contain no water or sugar. These shots are USDA-certified organic.
- Strike Force Energy: A clear liquid beverage enhancer that is sugar- and calorie-free with 160 milligrams of caffeine and 100% B vitamins. The shots are designed to be mixed with any 16- to 20-ounce beverage.
- Buff Bake: Protein-packed crunch cookies with nut-butter filling sandwiched between them. Each cookie contains 12 grams of protein and is gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Clio Bars: Dark chocolate-wrapped Greek yogurt bars. Each bar has 9 grams of protein, probiotics and less than 150 calories.
- Cocomels: Coconut milk caramels that are dairy-free, plant-based and non-GMO.
- Dave's Sweet Tooth Toffee: Handmade, small-batch toffee that doesn't stick to your teeth.
- Smashcrispy: Marshmallow rice treats from snackable marshmallow brand Smashmallow. These treats are made with organic cane sugar and natural ingredients.