Celiac.com 01/01/2019 - 2018 was a very good year for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance. There were a number of notable developments and breakthroughs this year, including major progress on a celiac disease vaccine, the fast-tracking of Timp-Glia, a drug for treating a celiac disease symptoms, and a new blood test that can spot celiac disease without the patient being forced to eat gluten beforehand.
In all, 2018 brought us numerous stories that can help us manage our celiac disease and to make better, smarter, gluten-free food decisions.
Here are Celiac.com’s most popular stories of 2018:
- New Blood Test Will Spot Celiac Disease Without Gluten Consumption
- Fifteen Symptoms that can Make Celiac Disease Hard to Diagnose
- Who Makes America's Best Gluten-Free Pizza?
- Celiac Disease Rates 20 Times Higher in People with Autism
- 15 Foods People Wrongly Think Are Gluten-Free
- Starbucks Dumps Gluten-Free Breakfast Sandwich
- Promising Celiac Vaccine Nexvax2 Begins Phase Two Trials
- Celiac Disease Treatment TIMP-GLIA Wins Fast Track Status
- Gluten-Free Halloween Candy List for 2018
- Homemade Yogurt Resolves Irritable Bowel Symptoms in Most Patients
- Gluten Insensitivity? Party City Stumbles with Offensive Pre-Super Bowl Ad
- Being Too Vigilant About Gluten-Free Diet Causes Stress in Teens and Adults with Celiac Disease
- Celiac.com’s 25 Most Popular Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes
- New Study Says One in Three 'Gluten-Free' Restaurant Foods Contain Gluten
- Celiac Patients Are Bad at Judging Gluten Exposure Based on Symptoms
We hope you enjoyed this review of our most popular celiac and gluten-free articles for 2018. We look forward to bringing you more important information and breaking news and stories about celiac disease and gluten-free living in the New Year. Happy Holidays!