Celiac.com 12/27/2005 - Enjoy Life Natural Foods will begin displaying the GFCO certification mark on all 17 of their products beginning in December 2005. Enjoy Life has a strong commitment to the celiac community. We hear from consumers everyday, expressing how much difficulty they have identifying foods that are safe for their gluten-free diet, said Scott Mandell, President and CEO of Enjoy Life Natural Brands. We are proud to be able to provide them with the extra convenience and safety assurance this new certification provides. Look for more information about Enjoy Life Natural products and recipes using these
products at www.gfco.org and www.enjoylifenb.com.
GFCO has attended five food shows and exhibits with a total of more than 1,000 food companies since August. GIG, Shelley Case, RD and Carol Fenster, Ph.D. gave talks about the gluten-free market at three of these shows. Before we hit the show room floor, the room was buzzing about gluten-free products and gluten-free certification. The Food Allergen Labeling & Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA) and data from SPINS showing that Gluten-free product sales are growing at 14.6 % is making gluten-free a high priority in the food industry. GFCO is drawing interest from mainstream and specialty companies alike.
What Has Happened Since August:
- Plant Inspections for six companies will be scheduled for early 2006.
- 52 other companies have requested applications.
- Companies interested in adopting GFCO certification come from seven countries
including Canada, China, Germany, Israel, Italy, South Africa, and the UK.
- GFCO has discussed the program with over 150 companies.
- Interested companies include makers of beverages, meat products, baked
goods, nutritional supplements, flavorings, seasonings, and more.
Want to Help? You Can
- Tell the GFCO about companies you think should certify their products.
- Tell companies that you want to see certification on their products.
- Support GIG and GFCO with your contributions and fundraising ideas.
- Join the GFCO Team
Gluten-Free Certification Organization