products at www.gfco.org and www.enjoylifenb.com.
Gluten-Free Certification Is HOT! The food industry is buzzing about gluten-free and GFCO.
GFCO has attended five food shows and exhibits with a total of more than 1,000 food companies since August. GIG, Shelley Case, RD and Carol Fenster, Ph.D. gave talks about the gluten-free market at three of these shows. Before we hit the show room floor, the room was buzzing about gluten-free products and gluten-free certification. The Food Allergen Labeling & Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA) and data from SPINS showing that Gluten-free product sales are growing at 14.6 % is making gluten-free a high priority in the food industry. GFCO is drawing interest from mainstream and specialty companies alike.
What Has Happened Since August:
- Plant Inspections for six companies will be scheduled for early 2006.
- 52 other companies have requested applications.
- Companies interested in adopting GFCO certification come from seven countries
including Canada, China, Germany, Israel, Italy, South Africa, and the UK.
- GFCO has discussed the program with over 150 companies.
- Interested companies include makers of beverages, meat products, baked
goods, nutritional supplements, flavorings, seasonings, and more.
Want to Help? You Can
- Tell the GFCO about companies you think should certify their products.
- Tell companies that you want to see certification on their products.
- Support GIG and GFCO with your contributions and fundraising ideas.
- Join the GFCO Team
Gluten-Free Certification Organization