This recipe comes to us from Lisa Bell.
- Reynolds Wrap large size, heavy-duty foil
- Roasting pan that a 9” springform pan can fit inside with 1” space on all sides (can be “disposable” one)
- 4 - 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free almond extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375ÂºF. Wrap outside of 9” springform pan with foil. Generously butter inside of pan.
- In large food processor, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar and cornstarch. Blend in sour cream. Transfer to an extra large mixing bowl. With electric mixer, add whipping cream, and almond and vanilla extracts. Blend in eggs and egg yolk ONE AT A TIME, mixing and scraping bowl with spatula thoroughly between each addition.
- Pour batter into pan. Place pan in roasting pan and add water (about 4 cups to prevent cracks) outside of the springform pan. Bake on center rack for 70 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let cool with the door open for 1 hour. Remove springform pan from water bath and chill for at least 3 hours before removing the cake from the pan. Dust with nutmeg, and top with chopped pecans, if desired.