Celiac.com 11/17/2015 - The Peruvians make numerous kinds of delightful salsas. One of these, Crema de aji rocoto, is made with the spicy rocoto pepper, but the final version can be toned down with a bit of cream.
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1¼ cups sunflower oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons aji rocoto paste
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with toasted gluten-free bread. Add a splash of cream to tone down the spice level, as needed.