Here's a quick and easy zucchini bread recipe that's gluten-free, sweetened with pine nuts, almonds and dried cranberries. It's tasty to toast for breakfast with a spread of nut butter or served as dessert with a dollop of Greek yogurt and honey.
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all-spice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 3 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray set aside.
- Steam squash in a large pot until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and then make a well in the center.
- Remove zucchini from pot and mash well with a fork.
- Add eggs, bananas, squash, avocado and oil to the center and combine them before folding into the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine; stir in pine nuts, almonds, dried cranberries and cocoa powder.
- Transfer batter into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Set aside to cool before serving.