- Sift together:
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cup white rice flour
¼ cup garfava bean flour
¾ cup +2 tablespoons gluten-free margarine
- Cut margarine into flour mixture with a pastry blender until well blended.
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Gradually add while mixing enough cold water to form a ball.
- Flour (rice) a board or wax paper well.
- Divide dough in half, form two balls Flour top of one ball and roll out dough (Keep dusting top with flour as you roll out).
- For Pop Tarts use rectangular cookie cutter approx. size of pop tart (We have a gingerbread house roof cutter thats just the right size). Cut two pieces.
- Apply 2 tablespoons gluten-free pie filling or 100% fruit spread to one piece.
- Place 2nd piece on top and seal the edges by running a moistened finger around edge and lightly crimping.
- Prick the top with a fork.
- Bake at 350F on Cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- When cool drizzle with 10x sugar or Gluten-free Casein-free icing.
- Same dough can be used for pie crust and top in normal fashion. Top dough should roll up on rolling pin fairly easily without cracking! Bake them and freeze with wax paper between then toast in toaster to serve.
Pop Tarts (Gluten-Free)
By Scott Adams •
celiac disease expert.
Two pie crusts:
Celiac.com's Founder and CEO, Scott was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1994, and, due to the nearly total lack of information available at that time, was forced to become an expert on the disease in order to recover. Scott launched the site that later became Celiac.com in 1995 "To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives." In 1998 he founded The Gluten-Free Mall which he sold in 2014. He is co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
Forum DiscussionsBone broth daily. Kettle and Fire has several good flavors. You can season with salt, pepper, turmeric, etc. This helps to heal your GI. Keep a food diary of what you eat and how you feel. NSAIDS are treacherous, so eliminate if possible. ...She ran TPO antibodies for Hashimoto’s. This particular test catches 70% of Graves. The antibody test more specific to Graves is TRAb catching 90%. My sister has Hashimoto’s. I recently discovered my deceased father had his thyroid removed in h...Did they run thyroid antibodies tests?