Celiac.com 05/19/2018 - Looking for a nutritious, delicious meal that is both satisfying and gluten-free? This tasty quinoa salad is just the thing for you. Easy to make and easy to transport to work. This salad of quinoa and vegetables gets a rich depth from chicken broth, and a delicious tang from red wine vinegar. Just pop it in a container, seal and take it to work or school. Make the quinoa a day or two ahead as needed. Add or subtract veggies as you like.
- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed well
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh pea sprouts
- 1 small Persian cucumber, diced
- 1 small avocado, ripe, sliced into chunks
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Simmer quinoa in water and chicken broth until tender.
Dish into bowls.
Top with veggies, salt and pepper, and sunflower seeds.
Splash with red wine vinegar and enjoy!