Celiac.com 11/08/2016 - If you love asparagus, and you love artichokes, then this fall salad is for you. It marries shallots, lemon juice and olive oil with a dash of salt and garlic, and of course, plenty of artichokes and asparagus.
- 2 pounds thick asparagus, rinsed, tough ends discarded
- 1 15-ounce jar of good quality marinated artichoke hearts, quartered or cut in half
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Dash of salt
Heat the oven to 400°F.
Cut asparagus into 1½-inch pieces.
Soak the sliced shallots in the lemon juice as you get ready to make the rest of the salad.
Lay the asparagus spears in a single layer in a roasting pan, or shallow baking dish, coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and plenty of salt.
Roast for 8-10 minutes, turning as needed, until lightly browned and fork tender.
Put the asparagus and the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
Add as much of the artichoke jar liquid as desired.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Option: Top with a poached egg!