Celiac.com 01/12/2017 - Beets are not only delicious, nutritious, and in season, they make a great centerpiece for this tasty, gluten-free vegetarian dish that is sure to please.
- 4 - 6 fresh red beets, washed and trimmed
- 2 golden beets, washed and trimmed
- 1 bunch fresh arugula (about 1 ½ cups)
- 8 ounces of fresh hummus (or use this easy recipe)
- ¼ cup fresh or roasted pine nuts
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- splash of olive oil, as desired
Wrap beets individually in foil, place in baking dish, and roast in oven at 375 F.
When beets are tender when pierced with a fork, remove them from the oven.
Allow beets to cool. Discard foil.
Peel and cut beets into quarters.
Spread hummus over medium plate.
Pile arugula in the center of the hummus.
Arrange beets around the arugula, in alternating colors.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and a splash of olive oil, as desired.
Top with pine nuts, and serve.