Celiac.com 05/25/2019 - Grilling season is upon us, vegetables are in bloom. It's a perfect time make a delicious grilled steak salad. This simple steak and potato salad makes a great go-to meal for a late summer night or any time you want to eat light.
- 12 ounces ribeye or skirt steak
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups arugula
- 3 radishes, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Add cold water to a large stock pot or saucepan. Stir in 2 teaspoons of salt. Add potatoes and make sure to cover with 2 inches of water.
Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 12 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Drain, and cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, chives, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
Heat grill to high. Dry the steak with paper towels, and coat with pepper and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Oil grill grates. Grill steak, turning once, about 6 minutes total for medium.
Place steak on a cutting board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 5-10 minutes. Slice steak across the grain.
Arrange arugula, radishes, potatoes and steak in salad bowls or plates.
Crumble blue cheese on top and serve with dressing on the side.