Celiac.com 08/27/2015 - Here's a great twist on standard vegetable stir-fry that will elicit smiles around the dinner table. Serve it with steamed jasmine or white rice, or with our Really Good Chinese-style Fried Rice.
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into small wedges
- ½ green bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced into small wedges
- ⅓-½ cup sweet chili sauce
- ⅓ cup cashews, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- fresh cilantro sprigs, as garnish
- 2 limes, cut to wedges, as garnish
In a large, wide skillet warm the olive oil over moderate heat.
Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add sesame oil and peppers and sauté about 1 minute or so.
Add the shrimp and sauté about 3-5 minutes until shrimp are pink and cooked though. Remove from the pan. Drain away any liquid in pan.
Add the sweet chili sauce.
Cook until warmed through. Add more chili sauce, as desired.
Top with some cashews, cilantro and fresh lime wedges to taste.
Serve with rice.