Celiac.com 05/13/2014 - The middle of winter often finds me craving salad, and this wonderful citrus apple salad uses the fruits of winter to deliver the freshness of summer.
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 4 small oranges, de-seeded
- 4 blood oranges, de-seeded
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- â…› teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
Peel and section all oranges. Reserve juice, and squeeze more for the dressing if needed. Discard any seeds.
Grate rind from one orange into a small bowl and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together three tablespoons orange juice, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper with orange rind.
In a separate, larger bowl, combine arugula, orange sections and apple pieces.
Top salad with dressing and toss gently. Top with pomegranate seeds.
Spoon onto individual serving plates and sprinkle with feta.