Celiac.com 02/12/2014 - This green curry is one of my favorite Thai-style meals to cook at home. It is easy to make, and delicious. It can be served over rice or gluten-free noodles, and you can include whatever vegetables you like or have on hand. You can also add any kind of meat or tofu you desire, as you are cooking the vegetables.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 8 ounces green beans, stem ends removed, halved crosswise
- ½ cup baby corn, as desired
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 baby eggplants, halved lengthways, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (see note), roughly torn, plus
- 2 carrot, sliced in bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tsp grated palm sugar, or regular sugar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste, to taste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) coconut milk
- ¼ cup cilantro (as garnish)
Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan over high heat.
Add eggplant and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until golden. Set eggplant aside.
Add paste to wok and stir briefly.
Add green beans, carrots, onion, bell pepper, and stir-fry, tossing to ensure paste doesn't burn, for 1-2 minutes until lightly seared.
Add coconut cream, chicken stock, lime leaves and corn and bring to the boil.
Return eggplant to pan, then reduce heat to low and simmer for a further 5 minutes until chicken is cooked and corn is just tender.
Stir in fish sauce, lime juice and sugar and heat through for 1 minute.
Garnish with cilantro as desired, and serve over rice or rice noodles.