Ever since my husband diagnose with celiac disease, he was a littlebit depressed because he could not just simple go and grab something toeat. At the beginning, he tried to keep an open mind and went to storesthat sell gluten-free products. Most of the time, he was disappointedwith the taste of the products. One day, he came home from work andtold me how his co-workers teased him with a yummy looking chocolatechips cookie and he felt extremely depressed because he could not eatthem and he absolutely LOVES to snack. I found his co-workers' actionvery childish and decided that I would create a recipe the my husbandwould love and he could has plenty of supply at work so when the samesituation ever happen again, he would be prepared.
Myhusband's favorite cookie is white chocolate chip with macadamias nut;hence, I decided to try making a gluten free version of the cookie forhim. After a few try with different flour mix and ingredients. I got arecipe that not only my husband enjoys but also his co-workers aftertrying them.This is my modified version of gluten-free cookie recipe.The cookies from this recipe has a nice soft texture.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cup of Silka Flour Mix (2/3 cup of Brown Rice Flour, 1/2 cupeach of white rice flour, tapioca flour, 1/3 cup of corn starch, 1/4cup of potato starch)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (melted) or 1/2 cup of oil
- 2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking soda
- 1 1/2 of teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1 cup of white chocolate chip
- 1 tbsp of milk (optional)
- 1/2 cup of macadamias nut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree and line 2 baking sheet with parchment pager or use nonstick spray to grease the baking sheet.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar and sugar until incorporated, add eggs and vanilla extract until blended
- In a medium bowl, whisk Silka Flour Mix, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt
- Stir the dry ingredients to the butter mix until incorporated.
- Stir in white chocolate chip and Macadamias nut (optional) into the cookie dough
- If the dough appears to be a little dry, add in milk but it's entirely optional
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough onto prepared cooking sheet, space them about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies turn golden
- cool cookies for 5 minutes before transferring them into a wire rack