Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Chicken Taco Soup (Gluten-Free)
Chicken Taco Soup (Gluten-Free)
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I foundedÂ The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.View all articles by Scott Adams
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle of gluten-free beer OR water
2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 (1.25 ounce) package gluten-free taco seasoning
3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Shredded cheddar cheese
Gluten-free sour cream
Crushed tortilla chips
1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer OR water, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Toasted Chicken with Arugula Guacamole (Gluten-Free)
1 cup cashews1 cup arugula, chopped1 cup fresh spinach1 tsp.... [READ MORE]
Summertime Guacamole (Gluten-Free)
Okay, so pretty much all guacamole is naturally gluten free.... [READ MORE]
Enchilada Sauce #3 (Gluten-Free)
2 Tablespoons margarine
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1½ to 2 cups water
2 chicken bullion cubes (or salted chicken broth)
1 to 2 Tablespoons chili powder
¼ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon cumin
Melt margarine in a sauce pan.... [READ MORE]
Spanish Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Ann Sokolowski.... [READ MORE]