Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Margie's Lentil Soup (Gluten-Free)
Margie's Lentil Soup (Gluten-Free)
This gluten-free lentil soup recipe makes 6 servings.
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups dry lentils
- 8 cups water (or Gluten-free chicken stock)
- 2 cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsalmic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- One inch snippet of Kombu*
*Ask about “Kombu,” a seaweed, at your health food store. It comes in a sealed package. Snip off an inch with a pair of scissors, and then put it in all of your bean dishes. It dissolves with no taste. It then helps you digest the meal without any gas problems!
1. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in lentils, and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve stir in spinach, and cook until it wilts. Stir in vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
NOTE: Especially good served with brown rice. You can even add a half cup of water and add rice as an ingredient into this recipe.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Potato Salad (Gluten-Free)
As a kid, my mother always served the same store-bought potato salad.... [READ MORE]
Hamburger/Lamb Patties with Lentil Soup (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Valda - ArtGirl in
the Gluten-Free Forum.... [READ MORE]
Cole Slaw (Gluten-Free)
C... [READ MORE]
Thanksgiving Stuffing (Gluten-Free)
cups cubed and dehydrated Food
For Life Rice Almond Bread
2 Tbs.... [READ MORE]
Only diagnosed 2008, but I have suffered forever! Discovered I am lactose intolerant, beef intolerant too! I am a Freelance Writer, which keeps me sane. I am glad I will have support from this list.View all articles by Margie Culbertson
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity