Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Passionate Mixed Green Salad (Gluten-Free)
Passionate Mixed Green Salad (Gluten-Free)
Only diagnosed 2008, but I have suffered forever! Discovered I am lactose intolerant, beef intolerant too! I am a Freelance Writer, which keeps me sane. I am glad I will have support from this list.View all articles by Margie Culbertson
(Serves one. Multiply it for each serving.)
Salad is best if it’s crispy fresh. So this is for a single serving, but it fills a dinner plate to the brim!
- Tossed green salad mix. One healthy handful, chopped (You can buy this in a bag or you can mix it yourself—use iceberg, romaine, or any lettuce, mix w. carrots)
- Fresh spinach. One healthy handful, chopped (You can buy this is a bag also.)
- Grapes, ½ dozen, sliced into thirds.
- Mushrooms, large, sliced.
- Broccoli, ½ cup, lightly steamed in microwave Power 3, to soften for 2 minutes, then cubed.
- 1 hardboiled egg, chopped.
- Bacon bits, sprinkle on top.
- Gluten-Free trail mix, optional (make sure all small pieces.)
It’s important that this salad is easy and quick to put together and that you can repeat the process many times. So I really suggest you have the ingredients already handy. This is why I suggest ready-packaged salad mixes. If you chop the lettuce, the carrots, the spinach, the mushrooms, the eggs, the grapes, and have the trail mix, you are set! You can have them in Ziplock bags or plastic containers. You’d be all set for an amazing raid all by yourself, or a family banquet, depending on the quantity or the occasion. This salad was something I discovered by standing in front of the refrigerator and the cupboard, taking all of the things I loved, and putting them together. Since I loved what I came up with so much I knew I had to tell my friends.
I called it "Passionate Mixed Green Salad" for a reason. I hope you swoon over it!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Mica's Grandma's Gluten-Free Potato Salad (Video)
This great potato salad recipe was my grandma's.... [READ MORE]
Recipes for a Great Gluten-Free St. Patrick's Day
Once again St.... [READ MORE]
Blackened Cajun Catfish (Gluten-Free)
Blackening is a really fun way to cook fish.... [READ MORE]
Chicken Pot Pie Filling (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Pat Rothwell.... [READ MORE]