Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Egg-Free Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
Egg-Free Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
You smell the enticing aroma of garlic and oregano. You are ready to dig into the hot meatballs saturated in thick and chunky Maranar sauce. But wait! You realize meatballs are on your "Do Not Eat or Regret It Later List." Don't despair. You can still enjoy this Italian dish. Roll up your sleeves, take off your rings, and prepare to get messy with this this simple and flavorful recipe!
1 pound ground turkey or lean beef
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup of marinara sauce
- Combine turkey with onion, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and salt in a medium bowl.
- Form 24 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until sizzles; add meatballs turning to coat in oil.
- Move the pan around for about 5 minutes to brown all sides until no longer pink inside. Check to see if it is done by cutting one open.
- Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs and simmer on medium low for 15 minutes. Tips: Serve this over warm rice pasta with a side of salad of fresh mixed greens drizzled with Italian dressing.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Tuscan-style Chicken Breasts (Gluten-Free)
These Tuscan-style chicken breasts are a great way to anchor pasta night at any house.... [READ MORE]
Classic Tomato Sauce (Gluten-Free)
With summer winding down, we must soon bid farewell to our dear tomato.... [READ MORE]
Veal Marsala (Gluten-Free)
Veal Marsala is one of my all-time favorite Italian dishes.... [READ MORE]
Aunt Connie's Meatballs and Italian Gravy (Gluten-Free Pasta Sauce)
This recipe comes to us from Arthur Spiegel.... [READ MORE]
I am a health and fitness freelance writer who also is a sufferer of Celiac Disease. With my certificate in American Council of Exercise as a fitness instructor and my experience as a nutritional consultant, I regularly write for my column "Healthy Kidz" in our newspaper. About a year ago I was recently diagnosed with Celiac, along with IBS and lactose intolerance, so I sought out support groups and advice from GI doctors and nutritionist. I even participated in an on-line course to educate me and my family on my condition. With my love of cooking and my background in nutrition , I am currently working on a cookbook to published.View all articles by Heather Demeritte
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity