Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Brussels Sprout Salad with Pine Nuts (Gluten-Free)
Brussels Sprout Salad with Pine Nuts (Gluten-Free)
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
Gluten-Free Brussel Sprout Salad (photo courtesy of randomduck)
I love Brussels sprouts! I may be the minority....but if you love Brussels sprouts as much as I do, then you will likely love this recipe too. This is a very easy recipe and it can be eaten as a meal or served as a side dish, served warm or cold.
Serving Size: 4 (as a side) or 2 (as an entree)
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1 cup chopped kale (optional)
- ½ - ¾ Cup Pine nuts (raw or lightly roasted)
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Saute all but pine nuts over medium heat until bright color develops and the sprouts are tender.
- Add pine nuts and cook for another few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Baked Potato Salad with Bacon (Gluten-Free)
07/01/2014 - Fair warning: This is one of those quintessentially American dishes that includes bacon, cheese and sour cream.... [READ MORE]
Okra and Tomatoes (Gluten-Free)
Simply put, this dish is yummy! It’s also an easy way of breaking the ice with okra for anyone who’s yet to try.... [READ MORE]
Ricotta & Pesto Meat Loaf (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Sue Foss.... [READ MORE]
Jane's Tuna/Noodle Casserole (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Jan Ryan.... [READ MORE]