Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Italian Recipes
- Pasta Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Pasta Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Photo: CC/Glen Edelson
Traditional pasta sauce is naturally gluten-free. Although finding a safe gluten-free pasta sauce is work, and finding a sugar-free, gluten-free pasta sauce is virtually impossible. That is why the following recipe is so great. Not only is this homemade
pasta sauce recipe easy and quick, it is also healthy and gluten-free. Please remember to use all gluten-free spices and ingredients and to check with the manufacturer if you aren't sure.
Pasta Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Preparation: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 stalk of chopped celery
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6) ounce can tomato paste
- 1 (8) ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon himalayan salt, or to taste
- dash cayenne red pepper
- Combine the garlic, onion, green pepper & celery in a large skillet.
- Add the 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute' until soft.
- Once the ingredients become soft, add any ingredients that are left.
- Stir well. After covering, simmer for up to 7 minutes.
- Stir again and simmer another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite gluten-free pasta and have yourself a healthy, gluten-free pasta dish.
- Top with feta, basil, or toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Tuscan-style Chicken Breasts (Gluten-Free)
These Tuscan-style chicken breasts are a great way to anchor pasta night at any house.... [READ MORE]
Chicken Saltimbocca (Gluten-Free)
The retirement of the family that owned Niccolino’s, one of my favorite Italian restaurants in the charming northern California town of Cotati, inspired me to honor them with a variation on their traditional veal saltimbocca recipe.... [READ MORE]
Egg-Free Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
You smell the enticing aroma of garlic and oregano.... [READ MORE]
Eggplant Parmesan (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Robin Moore (Can also be chicken
parmesan, shrimp parmesan, veal, etc.... [READ MORE]
I diagnosed myself for gluten intolerance after a lifetime of bizarre, seemingly unrelated afflictions. If my doctors had their way, I would have already undergone neck surgery, still be on 3 different inhalers for asthma, be vomiting daily and having chronic panic attacks. However, since eliminating gluten from my diet in May 2009, I no longer suffer from any of those things. Even with the proof in the pudding (or gluten) my doctors now want me to ingest gluten to test for celiac-no can do.View all articles by Destiny Stone
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity