Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
This flourless gluten-free chocolate cake recipe will impress you and your guests! Easy and delicious, you cannot go wrong with this recipe!
- 1 package Chocolate Candiquick (16 oz.)
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free)
Directions for cake:
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch (or 12″) spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray, then line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- Spray the paper with cooking spray too, then set the pan to the side –
- Place 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter (cut into chunks) and 8 oz (half of the 16oz package) Candiquick in the heat and serve microwaveable tray (put remaining Candiquick in separate container/bag).
- Microwave on high for 45 sec- 1 minute, stirring often, continue in 15 sec increments- if necessary, until melted and completely blended
- Now pour the Candiquick and butter mixture into a large bowl. Add sugar and mix well
- Add the six eggs, one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Sift the cocoa into the bowl.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour into springform pan and bake 30-40 min or until cake has risen and formed a thin crust
- Break apart two squares from the unused Candiquick (you will have 2 squares left-over after you use these) and 3 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat - stir until smooth.
- Remove the glaze from the heat, then stir in vanilla, honey, and milk. Set aside to slightly cool off.
- When the cake has cooled, pour the glaze onto the center and use a spatula or the backside of a spoon to smooth the glaze along the top and sides of the cake.
- Chill the cake in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 30-60 minutes before serving to allow the glaze to set and it will also make the cake much easier to slice.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Flourless Chocolate Kahlua Cake (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Lin Goldkrantz.... [READ MORE]
One-Bowl Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Chris Silker.... [READ MORE]
Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Judy Ritchie.... [READ MORE]
Flourless Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Glaze (Gluten-Free)
This recipes comes from Bon Appétit - January, 1999
12 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate,
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
6 large eggs, separated
12 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup whipping cream
½ cup dark corn syrup
9 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, finely
chopped Chocolate shavings or Gold-brushed Chocolate Leaves
Preheat oven to 350&DEG;F.... [READ MORE]
Hello! I'm Sarah...I love to cook, bake, and create new recipes - would you have ever guessed?! I currently live in Minnesota and am originally from Colorado. I have a few people that are close to me with celiac disease, therefore I am constantly coming up with "gluten free" recipes. Nice to meet you!View all articles by Sarah Lukemire
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity