Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Marinated Grilled Salmon (Gluten-Free)
Marinated Grilled Salmon (Gluten-Free)
The finished marinated grilled salmon. Photo: CC-navin75
Salmon season is nearly upon us here in northern California, so those blessed to live here, or somewhere else where good salmon is available can look forward to a summer of delicious fish.
Good salmon is one of this treats that can stand on its own merits with little or no adornment. In summer, I like to put salmon steak or fillet on the grill with a few good veggies. It's an easy dish to make, and one that pairs nicely with rice for a lean, nutritious meal. Here's a delicious way to grill salmon:
1½ pounds salmon steaks or fillets
½ teaspoon fresh ground ginger
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
⅓ cup gluten-free soy sauce
⅓ cup orange juice
¼ cup honey
2 green onions, chopped
1. In a glass dish, or a large resealable plastic bag, mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, orange juice, honey, and green onion.
2. Place fresh salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat barbecue, or outdoor grill to medium heat.
4. Remove salmon from marinade, drain excess. Toss out remaining marinade.
5. Grill salmon on a lightly oiled grill for 12 to 15 minutes for each inch of thickness, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Bacon and White Bean Croquettes (Gluten-Free)
If you're having a craving for something fried, delicious, original and gluten-free to liven up your dinner, then consider these bacon and white bean croquettes.... [READ MORE]
Destiny's Quick and Easy Vegan Shepard's Pie (Gluten-Free)
This is a regular in my house.... [READ MORE]
Exotic Baked Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Note: I realize not everyone has time to do home-made cooking of the long-prep kind, so I’ve given you options in this recipe.... [READ MORE]
Meat Loaf #3 (Gluten-Free)
lb.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity