Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Cranberry Sauce with Ginger and Raisins (Gluten-Free)
Cranberry Sauce with Ginger and Raisins (Gluten-Free)
Fresh, homemade cranberry sauce is too simple to ever go with the stuff in the can. The few extra steps beyond cranking the can opener go a long way. Ginger and raisins add depth to this crowd-pleaser, enough to drizzle over all your Thanksgiving favorites.
1 pound fresh cranberries
2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup sugar
½ orange, juiced
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 cinnamon sticks
1 pinch nutmeg
In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Add cranberries, bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer. Add raisins, ginger, orange juice, cider vinegar, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until cranberries are softened and sauce is thick. Let cool, remove cinnamon sticks and serve.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Perfect Holiday Mashed Potatoes (Gluten-Free)
Every holiday season, I field questions about the best way to map mashed potatoes.... [READ MORE]
All American Hamburgers (Gluten-Free)
Summer is upon us and that usually means lots of barbecues and fun social gatherings involving food.... [READ MORE]
Hamburger/Lamb Patties with Lentil Soup (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Valda - ArtGirl in
the Gluten-Free Forum.... [READ MORE]
Cream of Mushroom Sauce (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Jan Ryan.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity