Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- Apple Pumpkin Strudel (Gluten-Free)
Apple Pumpkin Strudel (Gluten-Free)
Here's a fun n' tasty Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipe for Apple Pumpkin Strudel that is quite unique from your traditional apple pie or apple crumble....perfect for the holidays or for a casual dinner party dessert. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Apple Strudel
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
Makes 8 Strudels
- 8 large organic Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for topping
- 1/6 tsp. all-spice
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh organic lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. gluten-free almond extract
- 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick baking spray. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar and rosemary. Add sliced apples and pumpkin puree; spread evenly.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt and orange zest. Add orange juice, almond extract and egg; mix well to combine and form a mealy texture. Transfer mixture on top of apples in the baking dish. Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon.
Bake for 45-60 minutes or until golden brown.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Summertime Lemon Souffle (Gluten-Free)
After dinner at a local Mediterranean restaurant, the waitress suggested my friend and I try the farmer's market fresh lemon soufflé for dessert.... [READ MORE]
Berry Crisp (Gluten-Free)
A light, fruit-focused recipe that tastes great with whatever fresh fruit you have on hand! Video demonstration link included!Ingredients:½ cup Jules Gluten Free All Purpose Flour*1 ½ cup gluten-free oats½ cup brown sugar½ cup (8 Tbs.... [READ MORE]
Cranberry Orange Mousse (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Phyllis Chinn.... [READ MORE]
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Karen Hutton.... [READ MORE]
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity