Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Pine Nut Almond Zucchini Bread (Gluten-Free)
Here's a quick and easy zucchini bread recipe that's gluten-free,
sweetened with pine nuts, almonds and dried cranberries. It's tasty to
toast for breakfast with a spread of nut butter or served as dessert
with a dollop of Greek yogurt and honey.
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all-spice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 3 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray set aside.
- Steam squash in a large pot until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and then make a well in the center.
- Remove zucchini from pot and mash well with a fork.
- Add eggs, bananas, squash, avocado and oil to the center and combine them before folding into the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine; stir in pine nuts, almonds, dried cranberries and cocoa powder.
- Transfer batter into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Set aside to cool before serving.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Jalapeño Cornbread (Gluten-Free)
I’m always looking for different ways to use jalapeños or other peppers in dishes you expect to find them.... [READ MORE]
English Muffins (Gluten-Free)
When I first set about to create a
great gluten-free English Muffin, I was initially worried that I
wouldn't have success since I did not own the so-called "bun"
pans necessary to make nice, flat, traditional English Muffins.... [READ MORE]
Jesse's Corn-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free Bread
This recipe comes to us from Susan Carmack.... [READ MORE]
Banana Nut Bread (Gluten-Free)
following recipe appeared in Volume 6, Number 1 (January 1997)
of the Sprue-Nik Press which is published by the Tri-County
Celiac Sprue Support Group, a chapter of CSA/USA, Inc.... [READ MORE]
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone