Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Brazilian & South American Recipes
- Lemon Lime Jicama Bites (Gluten-Free)
Lemon Lime Jicama Bites (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 extra ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cashew butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large jicama, peeled, and sliced into 1/2 inch ‘french fry’ like sticks
- In a food processor, combine mint, flax seeds, avocado, cashew
butter, almond milk, sea salt and cinnamon; pulse until smooth. Transfer
mixture to a serving bowl for dipping.
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice, lemon juice and cayenne pepper; mix well. Add jicama; gently toss to combine until jicama is well coated with mixture.
- Arrange coated jicama sticks on a serving platter. Serve with Lemon Lime Dressing.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Quinoa Pilaf (Gluten-Free)
I've been trying to eat more quinoa lately, and this recipe is easy to make, and delivers a tasty, nutritious dish that compliments most any entrée.... [READ MORE]
Crispy Plantain Patties (Gluten-Free)
Plantains are commonly used for cooking in most tropical regions.... [READ MORE]
Quinoa en Salpicon (like Tabouleh, Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Danna Korn.... [READ MORE]
Brazilian Potato Biscuits (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Paula Santos.... [READ MORE]