Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Toasted Chicken with Arugula Guacamole (Gluten-Free)
Toasted Chicken with Arugula Guacamole (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cored
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- 8 slices gluten-free bread, toasted
- 1 lb. sliced chicken, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- Combine all ingredients (except bread and chicken) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, spread atop a piece of gluten-free toast with a few slices of chicken.
- Remaining guacamole can be served at room temperature or chilled with gluten-free crackers, pretzels or crudites.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Restaurant Style Chicken Nachos (Gluten-Free)
Nachos are one of may favorite snacks to make at home.... [READ MORE]
Shrimp Ceviche with Baked Tortilla Chips (Gluten-Free)
This easy ceviche is a staple just about anytime I have friends over for lunch or dinner.... [READ MORE]
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Gluten-Free)
When I was in Guanajuato, Mexico, years back, the woman who cooked at the house where I was a guest prepared the most delicious chicken tortilla soup.... [READ MORE]
This recipe comes to us from Carrie Faith.... [READ MORE]
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity