Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Tasty Pico de Gallo Salsa (Gluten-Free)
Tasty Pico de Gallo Salsa (Gluten-Free)
It's hard to love Mexican food without loving salsa. For me, pico de gallo always tops the list of my many salsa favorites. In spring and summer, when tomatoes are in season, I like to whip up a batch of fresh pico de gallo and dive into a bowl of tortilla chips as I prepare my favorite Mexican dishes. This recipe will deliver a tasty pico de gallo that will have your stomach smiling, and your taste-buds yelling arriba!
6 roma tomatoes, diced
½ red onion, finely chopped
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch ground cumin
Juice from one lime
salt and ground black pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, garlic, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and stir until mixed.
Place in a refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity