Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Lemon Cherry Guacamole (Gluten-Free)
This recipe makes a wonderful dip that can be served with your favorite gluten-free chips.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Juice of 1lemon
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss cherries in olive oil. Place cherries into a large piece of tin foil and fold to seal foil at the top.
- Transfer cherries in foil to the heated grill; cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash avocados until it forms a chunky consistency.
- Remove cherries from grill; set aside for 2 minutes to cool then add to the guacamole mixture along with remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with additional fresh basil. Enjoy!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Fresh Salad with Havarti and Crisp Apple (Gluten-Free)
Enjoy the combination of Havarti Cheese, Crisp Apple and Almonds in this fresh salad!
To make fresh Havarti and Apple salad for four you need:
8 oz.... [READ MORE]
Pecan Cauliflower Bites (Gluten-Free)
This lovely dish makes an outstanding appetize, side dish with your favorite meal, or a nice h'orderve at a party.... [READ MORE]
Blueberry and Beet Salad (Gluten-Free)
As summer comes to an end, this fresh salad is a great way to capture the last of the sunny months.... [READ MORE]
MaCheBe! - Mama's Cheese Bread (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Teresa Wendt.... [READ MORE]
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone