Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- Autumn Pistachio Pear Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Autumn Pistachio Pear Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
Here's a fun fall dessert to serve as the leaves start to fall and the weather begins to turn a bit brisk. I've also made a tasty Apple Pistachio Crisp on my website if you're more an apple fan than a pear fan!
- 2 Tbsp. stevia or other sugar substitute
- 3 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 5 fresh pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour such as Better Batter
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats such as Bob's Red Mill
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt such as So Delicious Coconut Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine stevia, 1 tablespoon melted butter, cinnamon and orange zest. Add pears; gently toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pistachios, oats, and remaining butter. Using your fingers, mix to form a crumb consistency. Sprinkle crumbs over apples. Drizzle with freshly squeezed orange juice. Cover and bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with dairy-free yogurt. Enjoy!
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Butter Pecan Crust (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Carolyn Mann.... [READ MORE]
Low Calorie Peach Cranberry Pie (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Nina Spitzer.... [READ MORE]
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Karen Hutton.... [READ MORE]
Chocolate Almond Torte (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Elizabeth Griffith.... [READ MORE]