Do You Have Celiac Disease and Have Questions Or Need Help?
Join Celiac.com's forum / message board and get your questions answered! Our forum has nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS just waiting to help you with any questions about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet. We'll see you there!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Steamed Lobster (Gluten-Free)
Steamed Lobster (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Want to make an easy romantic dinner that will fill the house with wonderful aromas? Try this recipe for steamed fresh lobster.
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 2 oranges, quartered
- 6 stalks celery, quartered with leaves
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 2 fresh live lobsters or 4 (6 ounce) lobster tails
- ½ cup butter, melted
Pour about 1 inch of water in the bottom of a large pot. Add all ingredients except lobster and butter. Bring to a boil.
Add the salt and place a steamer insert inside the pot so that it is just above the water level. Put the lobster tails on the rack and cover the pot.
Cover and steam for 8 minutes. Keep covered and do not lift the lid!
While the lobster is steaming, set the table, pour a glass of white wine, and light a few candles. Serve with melted butter for dipping.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Pork Tenderloin in a Creamy Mushroom Herb Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Pork tenderloin is one of my favorites, and this recipe offers an easy, tasty meal that will keep your hungriest eaters smiling.... [READ MORE]
Louisiana-style Red Beans and Rice (Gluten-Free)
Red beans and rice is like the Old Faithful of southern cooking.... [READ MORE]
Drunken Holiday Apples (Gluten-Free)
Cooking with booze is one of the great culinary rites of the holiday season.... [READ MORE]
Beef & Cabbage Soup (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Lisa McKinney.... [READ MORE]