Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- Really Good Summertime Peach Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Really Good Summertime Peach Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Okay, so it's still a little early for peaches, but peach season is just around the corner, and when it comes, one of my favorite things to make with peaches, especially early in the season, is a tasty peach crisp.
This version comes together quickly and delivers a delicious peach crisp that will have your eaters asking for seconds in no time. Makes about six portions, so scale accordingly.
- 6 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
Heat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place the peaches in the bottom of a greased, 8-inch square baking dish.
Sprinkle peaches with vanilla and almond extracts.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture forms pea-sized crumbs.
Sprinkle the flour mixture in an even layer over the top of the peaches, and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, until the peaches are bubbling and the topping is browned.
Note: Some gluten-free flours do not brown as well as regular flour, so be careful to avoid overcooking.
Serve with vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt, or regular plain yogurt, as desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Strawberry Pavlova (Gluten-Free)
Pavlova is a dessert with a meringue base that was created in honor of the ballet dancer Anna Pavlova when she was touring in New Zealand and Australia.... [READ MORE]
Strawberry Pie (Gluten-free, Dairy-Free & Egg-Free)
Pie Ingredients:2 ½ cups coarsely chopped strawberries (or 2 cups strawberries + ½ cup blueberries)¼ cup sliced strawberries1 cup chopped, dried dates or figs1 ½ bananas, ripe and mashed2 Tbs.... [READ MORE]
Cranberry Apple Crisp (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Andrea R Howe.... [READ MORE]
Apple Crisp #2 (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Phyllis Chinn.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity