Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Grilled Spanish-style Mackerel Kebabs (Gluten-Free)
Grilled Spanish-style Mackerel Kebabs (Gluten-Free)
Celiac.com 08/09/2013 - Simply seasoned grilled fish is a common sight at many bars and restaurants along the vast coast of Spain, which is famous for its mackerel.
My wife and I eat a lot of fish. My wife also happens to love mackerel. This dish is a big hit with both of us.
This simple, easy to make recipe delivers grilled kebabs of tasty mackerel with a Spanish flair. Serve them up with your favorite gluten-free beer, and pull up a chair for the sunset watch.
- 1-2 pounds of fresh mackerel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (regular paprika in a pinch, but try to get smoked.)
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Wash the mackerel, and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the fish into 4-inch pieces
Score the skin side of each fillet with two or three diagonal cuts.
Brush each piece with olive oil, season with kosher salt and white pepper.
Grill skin side down at 425° F. under a closed grill for a few minutes, until fat begins to ooze from the top of the fish. Remove from grill. Place on a plate.
Sprinkle with smoked paprika and a dash of smoked salt, and serve with lemon wedges.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
New Mexico-style Stacked Chicken Enchiladas (Gluten-Free)
I love enchiladas.... [READ MORE]
Gluten-Free Black Bean Burritos
Black beans are a healthy addition to any diet, and especially to a gluten-free diet.... [READ MORE]
Enchilada Sauce #1 (Gluten-Free)
2 pounds tomatillos
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon cumin
1 ½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cup chicken broth
½ cup heavy cream
Clean and slice tomatillos in half and broil 7 - 9 minutes turning once
until browned.... [READ MORE]
This recipe comes to us from Carrie Faith.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity